If you are past age 35, male or female, you should be using a DHEA supplement cream daily to improve your overall physiologic and psychological health. It’s a proven advantage to help you feel your best and look your best, and has no dangerous side effects.
Twist 25 DHEA cream is the right way to use DHEA. How long does DHEA take to work? Any reasons not to use DHEA long term? Keep reading, to learn these answers.
What is DHEA?
DHEA is short for dehydroepiandrosterone and is the most abundant naturally occurring pro-hormone in the human body. It is not a foreign substance. It is a natural hormone precursor that only occurs in humans.
In this article, we explore the main difference between DHEA cream vs pills and why an absorbable DHEA cream supplement is more effective and safer. It is what the body uses naturally provided where the body uses it.
For people 35 and up, Twist 25 DHEA supplement cream is the best way to maintain healthy hormones and enjoy the various health and psychological benefits DHEA offers.
DHEA was first identified in 1931 by Dr. Adolf Butenandt, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1939. Frequently called “the anti-aging hormone”, DHEA is a base for more than 50 hormones that are smaller or more specific carbon chain molecules in human biochemistry. As a precursor for all estrogenic and androgenic hormones, humans make DHEA naturally from birth.
DHEA levels over the human lifespan
DHEA levels increase from birth through adolescence and puberty and peak between ages 20 and 25, when we are “in our prime”. Then DHEA levels gradually decrease by about 2% per year thereafter. So, by age 35, the body produces about 20% less DHEA than when we were “in our prime” at age 25, and by age 50, we produce 50% less DHEA than we did when we were in our twenties. This gradual decline continues.
Men and women produce more and more DHEA to about age 25 when levels peak. After age 25, DHEA levels begin to decline at a rate of about two percent per year thereafter.
What does DHEA do?
One of the primary roles of DHEA is as a base hormone precursor. DHEA also supports the immune system, allowing for a greater number of and activity of natural killer (NK) cells. Low DHEA levels are associated with many diseases of aging, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoporosis, depression, and dementia.
DHEA promotes tissue formation after exercise and counterbalances the inflammatory effects of cortisol. So it helps reduce soreness after workouts and helps us rebuild muscle, cartilage, and bone. DHEA also serves as a base for sebum (skin oil), protecting skin cells from both UV and chemical carcinogens. In addition, DHEA stimulates the formation of connective tissue and cartilage and improves bone strength.
- Energy, focus, and mental acuity
- Immune system
- Lean muscle tone
- Bone strength
- Cardiovascular health
- Libido and sexual performance
- Deep REM sleep
- Softer, more hydrated skin
- Abdominal Fat
- Risk of Cancer
- Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Poor quality sleep
- Joint pain
- Muscle soreness
It is not possible to eat any particular foods to increase DHEA. DHEA supplementation is generally recommended for people aged 35 and up to maintain health.
There are no dangerous side effects from using DHEA. Long-term studies of DHEA supplementation have shown numerous beneficial health effects with no adverse effects.
Reasons to Use DHEA Supplement Cream Instead of a DHEA Pill
DHEA is the most abundant foundation or base from which the body makes hormones. DHEA is produced and metabolized in the adrenal glands, gonads, and dermis. This is why using DHEA as an absorbable skin cream makes more sense than swallowing a DHEA pill.
It is important to understand why using DHEA as a properly made, absorbable skin cream rather than a pill makes sense. Absorbable DHEA is delivered by a special coconut oil-based cream. Let’s explore the science.
There are three key reasons that DHEA cream is a better way to use DHEA than a DHEA pill:
- When DHEA is taken orally as a pill, most DHEA is eliminated by the “First-pass effect” of the liver. Basically, this means that the liver filters out most of the effective DHEA before it can do any good; and what does end up increasing in the bloodstream is DHEA-S (DHEA sulfate) not free DHEA. Free DHEA is what is processed into the sex hormones, which are the hormones that help us feel good.
- DHEA-S is not converted by the body into free DHEA. DHEA can be converted into DHEA-S, but not the other way around. (Hammer, Fabian, Subtil s, Lux P, Maser-Gluth C, Stewart P, et al “No Evidence for Hepatic Conversion of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate to DHEA: In Vivo and In Vitro Studies” Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. March 8 2005 pp 3600-3605) http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/6/3600.full.pdf
- Medical research shows the human body metabolizes most DHEA into various smaller more specific hormones in the skin (the dermis). The skin is where we metabolize much of the DHEA we make. So Twist 25 DHEA cream actually provides exactly what the body produces naturally (bioidentical DHEA) where it can be utilized (the skin). DHEA also has many skin-care benefits. DHEA is a base for sebum, helps with collagen formation, and protects skin cells from both UV and chemical carcinogens.
“In postmenopausal women, all estrogens and most androgens are made locally in peripheral target tissues from the inactive adrenal steroid precursor dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). In adult men, approximately 50% of androgens are made locally.”
(Labrie F. et al Semin Reprod Med. 2004 Nov;22(4):299-309. Adrenal androgens and intracrinology. Source: Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Hospital Research Center, Quebec City, Canada. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Using Twist 25 DHEA Cream
DHEA must be used as a bioidentical DHEA cream. Twist 25 DHEA cream has been researched, developed and perfected by Dr. John Woodward and his son, Hugh Woodward, founder and President of Health2Go, Inc. since 1997. It was the first DHEA cream invented by a board-certified Ob-Gyn specializing in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Twist 25 DHEA cream is made in an FDA-approved compounding facility following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Twist 25 DHEA cream is made with a specialized pharmaceutical-grade coconut oil base cream with vitamin E and co-enzyme Q-10.
Every batch of Twist 25 DHEA cream is laboratory tested by an independent laboratory for proper mix and strength and issued a certificate of analysis (CofA).
Twist 25 DHEA cream has been shelf-life tested retaining it’s strength and efficacy for 24 months. DHEA cream provides what the body uses where the body uses it.
Twist 25 is applied in 10–15 seconds and leaves no oily residue, is fragrance-free, contains no soy, no parabens, no lecithin, no cyclodextrins, and is gluten-free.
Best DHEA Supplement
..as a cream, not as a pill — The best method of delivery for DHEA is as a specially designed skin cream, rather than a pill. A cream allows DHEA to be gently absorbed into the skin, where it occurs naturally. In fact DHEA is metabolized in the dermis already to do many things that benefit the skin and also support many aspects of physiologic and psychologic health.
Health benefits of DHEA supplementation include support for the immune system, cardiovascular health, bone strength and more. Pills are a much less effective method of using DHEA because oral DHEA hormone supplements are largely destroyed by the first pass effect of the liver, and only end up increasing DHEA sulfate levels slightly, not free DHEA.
Bioidentical — Twist 25 DHEA cream provides “bioidentical” DHEA, which means the DHEA in the cream is the same identical DHEA molecule as is produced naturally by the human body. The DHEA in Twist 25 DHEA cream is not synthesized from animal sources. All ingredients in Twist 25 DHEA cream are sourced from plants.
Pharmaceutical-Grade — Twist 25 DHEA cream is made with top-quality pharmaceutical-grade ingredients following good manufacturing practices (GMP) in an FDA-certified facility. Only the best will do.
Trusted Company — Health2Go, Inc. provides top-quality science-backed health and wellness supplements for customers in the USA. Health2Go products are made and sold only in the USA. Health2go has a dedicated customer base built over 17 years. Please read customer comments from Health2Go customers.
Tested – Health2Go pays to have an independent laboratory ensure proper mix, strength, and microanalysis meet product quality requirements. Health2Go obtains a certificate of analysis (COA) for all Twist 25 DHEA cream.
Twist 25 DHEA cream has been shelf life tested for 24 months and is not addictive or habit-forming. Twist 25 DHEA cream has no dangerous side effects.
How long does it take for DHEA cream to have noticeable effects?
Twist 25 DHEA cream is very beneficial for health and very safe. It should be applied morning and evening every day. Beneficial improvements can begin to be felt after two to three weeks of daily application. Users notice improved energy and vitality. A sense of well being is regained, and quality of sleep gradually improve. The benefits are subtle as DHEA is the most abundant hormone precusor in the human body.
Daily application of the cream on the skin is simply augmenting the DHEA produced naturally. It’s a little bit of a good thing that does many beneficial things in the body and has no dangerous side effects. Eating a healthy diet and exercising daily allows the benefits to be noticed more. Beneficial improvements continue over the course of several months; and many Twist 25 users have been using the cream for more than 15 years. So be patient, and be realistic. No, it won’t have you leaping tall buildings in a single jump over night. It’s not magic. It is simply a very good thing to help you maintain health and mood every day, and has no dangerous side effects.
Health2Go, Inc. is proud to offer Twist 25 DHEA cream to help men and women 35 and up live healthier happier lives. DHEA cream is tested and perfected to be the top-quality DHEA cream.
Twist 25 DHEA cream can help maintain physiologic and psychological health and quality of life. Use Twist 25 DHEA cream to feel your best and look your best.
It’s all the little things we do each day consistently that make a big difference.
Twist 25 DHEA cream can help you feel your best and look your best. Use Twist 25 DHEA cream. Make your own hormones.
- Labrie F. et al Semin Reprod Med. 2004 Nov;22(4):299-309. Adrenal Androgens and Intracrinology. Source: Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Hospital Research Center, Quebec City, Canada. email@example.com
- Hammer, Fabian, Subtil S, Lux P, Maser-Gluth C, Stewart P, et al “No Evidence for Hepatic Conversion of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate to DHEA: In Vivo and In Vitro Studies” Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. March 8 2005 pp 3600-3605) http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/6/3600.full.pdf
- Labrie, Fernand, Labrie C, “DHEA and intracrinology at menopause, a positive choice for evolution of the human species” Source: Climcteric – The Journal of the International Menopause Society. 2013 Apr;16(2):205-13. doi: 10.3109/13697137.2012.733983. Epub 2012 Nov 5. Pubmed https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23126249/
- Gillian Bennett, Leanne Cussen, Michael W O’reilly. The role for long-term use of dehydroepiandrosterone in adrenal insufficiency. Department of Endocrinology, Beaumont Hospital. Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) University of Medicine and Health Sciences, Dublin, Republic of Ireland. Current Opinion in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity. 2022 Jun 1;29(3):284-293. doi: 10.1097/MED.0000000000000728. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35621180/